If you and the people who work with you don’t understand where the company is going, they may all develop their own priorities and actually prevent you from getting where you need to be. Part of getting everyone on board is creating a strategic plan complete with the organisation’s values, vision, and mission. Then, there’s the challenge of bringing these principles to life in a meaningful way that people can relate to. This content will help you describe what you want to do and get people where you want to.
- Identify the values that support their company
- Define the vision for their company
- Write a mission statement that explains what the company’s purpose is
- Complete meaningful SWOT analyses
- Apply tools and techniques to create a strategic plan that directs the organisation from the executive to the front line
- Implement, evaluate, and review a strategic plan
- Identify how related tools, such as the strategy map and balanced scorecard, can help them develop a strategic plan